"I'm the King of New York"

by - 7:06 PM

On Saturday I had the opportunity to see the touring company of Newsies! What a show. I love musicals so it was a great time. As someone who is not acquainted with the 1992 film, I knew it was about boys selling newspapers. What I didn't expect was the amount of dancing. These boys were doing so many dance numbers that looked like a high difficulty level. I mean it's not like I'm a dancer or know much about dance, but I can't imagine anyone not being dazzled by the tapping, leaping and more. Just great choreography. Newsies is based on the Newsboys' Strike of 1899, a youth-led campaign to increase pay for newsboys against Pulitzer and Hearst. It had everything I like; catchy songs, a little romance, and some kind of revolution (Les Mis is my favorite show so I like anything with angry marching and a fight for justice). If Newsies is coming to a city near you, definitely check it out. You won't be disappointed. Check out the clip below from the 2012 Tony Awards. That dancing. Just wow. (Leave a comment below of what your favorite musicals are!)







 P.S. Remind me to use King of New York as an Instagram caption the next time I'm in NYC

You May Also Like

0 comments